Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week #27: Nevada - Vegas Baby Buffet Pizza









State:  Nevada

This is one pizza that you won't want to leave in Vegas!!  Make this your own!  Vegas is known for all you can eat and so my thought was to think of buffet style food to put on this pizza.  I was going to do sushi, fried chicken, shrimp, steak, and mac & Cheese, but I decided that it might not all taste good together.  So my thought was to make it look big and get the traditional ingredients that you would normally see at Golden Corral or one of the other buffet places.  Mac & Cheese is always ready and available in a buffet.  On this pizza, for time purposes, I cheated and used a frozen Amy's Gluten Free M&C.  

So here is my idea of a Vegas pizza.  I may revisit one day when I have sushi leftovers and other strange foods in fridge....LOL. 


Ingredients Needed:

1 serving of Mac & Cheese (I cheated with Amy's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese)
1 thick slice of Roast Beef - diced into small pieces
1/4 lb of asparagus - diced 
1/2 cup or so of mozzerella cheese 
1 pizza crust
1/2 seasoned chicken 
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil to your discretion


Sauce:

For this pizza, there was no sauce.  I basically coated the bottom with olive oil and added mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the pizza.  

Meat:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Coat the half chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.  Cook for 35 -45 minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees and is cooked through.  Remove from heat and set aside.  When cool, remove chicken breast from pizza and cut into bite size pieces.  



Pizza:

Preheat oven at 450.  Coat crust with a thin layer of olive oil.  Cook crust for 7-10 minutes or until slightly brown.  Remove from oven.  Next, add mozzarella cheese and cover the base of the pizza.  Then add the mac & cheese sparingly across to the pizza to ensure all slices are covered.  Add the diced asparagus, roast beef, and chicken breast onto the pizza.  Cook if necessary for another 3-5 minutes.  Remove from heat and enjoy! 

Pairing:

For pairing this pizza, it is honestly fair game.  This pizza would be good with a nice cab or Merlot.  When pairing with pizza, I chose to go with something hoppy like an IPA.  


  



Learning Moments:

For this pizza, anything goes.  I should have thrown on Fried chicken, clam strips, cocktail shrimp, and even some pudding...lol.  Make it your own and have fun with it.  There is no limits with this pizza.  Cheers and and I hope you enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment